A not-so-desperate housewife aspiring to excel in a newfound calling. This blog is about all things pertaining to marriage, parenting, cooking, crafting, cleaning, and the like. By no means am I good at any of these but I am learning! This is my journey and process at becoming the best I can be in the art of homemaking. Take a peek if you so please!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fabric Rosettes

While waiting for my pita bread to rise today, I decided to take on a craft project of making fabric rosettes!  

I have had this lovely picture of my niece Addison hanging on my fridge for about a year now! I think she was 2 months in this picture and she is now 14 months! Oh, how time flies!  Anyways, I have been wanting to put it in a frame but with the hustle and bustle of being pregnant and tending to Natty, I just never got around to it!  The downtime I encountered today made the perfect excuse to create something cute and fun to surround this pretty girl:
 Gather your supplies:
glue gun and glue sticks
boring frame
fabric (in as many colors as you'd like flowers)
some good fabric scissors

Cut strips of your fabric.  The longer your strips are, the larger your flower will be.  Don't worry about cutting a straight edge.  It won't matter.  I cut one smaller strip of brown tulle (hard to see in the pic), and a larger strip of hot pink sheer.

Take the end of your first strip of fabric and make a little ball and secure it with glue.  Continue to twist and glue every so often until you only have about an inch of fabric left.

On the backside of your rose, pile on a bunch of hot glue and fold over the extra fabric and press down to secure everything together.  (disclaimer: you may get burned a little, but you'll be alright if you have a low-heat gun like I do) 

Flip over to front side and trim off excess fabric


Rearrange and fix little spots that need fixing with some glue.  (I call this nip and tucking) :)

 There you have it! Cute and easy fabric rosettes ready to adorn your frame (or wreath, or hair, or whatever you come up with!)

Now Addy looks so cute in her new frame and has a special spot in her cousin's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment