A not-so-desperate housewife aspiring to excel in a newfound calling. This blog is about all things pertaining to marriage, parenting, cooking, crafting, cleaning, and the like. By no means am I good at any of these but I am learning! This is my journey and process at becoming the best I can be in the art of homemaking. Take a peek if you so please!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2 Years Down!

Two years ago today, I walked down the aisle into the arms of my best friend, Joshua.  I know it's so common to use the phrase "I'm married to my best friend" or similar ones like it, but I can honesty say that I am.  Josh knows me like no one else on this earth does.  He has seen me all dolled up and he has seen me looking awful.  He knows the best of me and he know all my faults...and calls me out on them.  We are so silly that I kind of feel bad for Natalie in her future because of how much we will probably embarrass her!  I am having such a blast being married to Josh! 

Today, we watched our wedding highlight video and while I was listening to us say our vows to one another, I realized how little I knew about marriage and the seriousness of those vows when I said them two years ago.  After living real life, making huge decisions, and having a child together, those vows take on a whole new meaning.  Two years ago, I meant those words the best I could while being clouded with the fluffiness and giddiness of love.  I was so excited to be a wife and have a little house and cook and clean.  I didn't understand (or want to understand) that with real life comes financial hardships and relational issues.  The things Josh and I have been through in our very short marriage thus far have brought us closer to one another, but listening to those vows today made me understand a little better how serious those words are and how easy they are to break.  I am so blessed that God has given me a man to spend my life with and to commit those vows to.


September 13, 2009

September 13, 2011: I made Ribs (Josh's favorite) for dinner tonight and we ate on our fine china and used our toasting goblets from the wedding.  I had my first glass of wine since before I was pregnant, too!


Even Natalie joined us in her swing as we ate! Because of our love, she is here!!

Okay, I know this post was nice and sappy but hey, it's our anniversary for goodness sake!  Go love on your lover if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment